Crockpot Salsa Chicken

First of all, I want to know why it's taken me nearly 28 years of my life to find this recipe. We love making tacos, burritos, fajitas, etc., but after a long day of work or school they always seemed to be a lot of work.

Not anymore...

Salsa Chicken
Adapted from With a Cherry on Top

3 Lg. Chicken Breasts
1- 10 3/4oz. can Cheddar Cheese Soup
1- 16oz. jar Salsa
Taco Seasoning ( I used Fajita Seasoning)

Directions
Place the chicken in a large crock pot. Sprinkle Taco Seasoning over chicken. In a large bowl mix together the salsa and cheese soup.

Cook on low for approx 8 hours. Original recipe calls for shredding the chicken when it's done. As I was mixing mine throughout the day my chicken was falling apart on it's own. After shredding any remaining large pieces, serve immediately.

You could always eat the chicken breast whole, if you plan to do so, I would reduce cooking time to 4-5 hours. It was about that time point that my chicken started shredding when stirring.

We used it in burrito's this time. It was amazing. Added a little sour cream, refried beans and cheese to a shell and topped with the chicken mixture.

Yield: 3-4 large servings

1 comment:

Alee said...

This sounds delicious!!